Satellite Based Operation and Management of Local Low Traffic Lines
Background & Objectives
15 years of studies of satellite applications in the rail sector, led by the UIC, ETCS and ERTMS, Regional IFSTTAR and SPIRENT include the simulation of geo-referenced conditions.
SIEMENS, ANSALDO and INVENSYS RAIL integrate industry know-how in train control telecommunications and use of ETCS standards.
Work performed & results
- All specification requirements (ORS, FRS, SRS, ARS and RAMS) as demanded by current rail standards are applied to the pilot application;
- Software high level specification;
- Hardware specification and identification of the HW components available on the market.
Start of system engineering:
- SW architecture
- Route map on SIL4 integrity
- Specification for use of virtual balises and virtual block layout
- Integration of main hardware components in a lab trial, prior to validation for on-site integration.