The deadline to enter for this year’s European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) is July 31. So, if you have an idea for an innovative and marketable European GNSS (EGNSS) application, you only have three weeks left to register and be eligible to win great prizes!
Also known as the ‘Galileo Masters’, the ESNC seeks to award applications, services and new ideas that use Galileo GNSS data to respond to important challenges faced by business and society. In this year’s competition, various institutions and regional partners are set to award prizes worth a total of over EUR 1 million within more than 20 challenge categories.
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is proud once again to be a part of this year’s event – the 10th consecutive year that the GSA has been a main partner in the competition and awarded a Special Topic prize.
This year, the GSA will award three prizes addressing the topic 'When and Where? – Exact timing and positioning matters', with special consideration given to proposals that leverage EGNSS differentiators, such as:
- Multiple frequencies E1, E5 and E6
- Galileo-specific signal modulation, e.g. AltBOC
- Galileo Search and Rescue Service
- High-precision and authentication services that will be provided by Galileo, i.e. within the Commercial Service and within the Open Service authentication (OS NMA)
Cash prizes of €3000, €5000 and €7000 will be awarded to the top three proposals. In addition, the first prize winner will benefit from extensive promotion through GSA marketing channels and at relevant industry events and, if eligible, will receive tailored EGNSS Accelerator business support worth €62,000.
There are two tracks in the 2018 competition: regional and special prize challenges. The main target groups are SMEs, start-ups, universities and individuals in the fields of business, research, and higher education. Submissions can demonstrate the innovative use of GNSS data across a wide variety of challenge topics. Together with cash prizes, challenge winners will receive access to an international network of leading GNSS organisations, a crowd investment platform, and business development support.
In addition, the ESNC is complemented by the E-GNSS Accelerator, which helps transform great ideas into commercially viable solutions through a tailored business coaching service. All winners of the ESNC 2018 will gain access to the E-GNSS Accelerator, if eligible.
- GSA awards Special Topic Prize at Galileo Masters competition
- Next generation navigation system scoops 2010 GSA Prize
- GSA sat-nav Prize winner creating system for Mini-UAVs in controlled airspace
- Sound idea wins EGNOS prize at ESNC 2012
- He shoots, he scores! JOHAN wins EGNOS prize at ESNC 2013
- And the winner is…
- And the 2015 winner is…
- Drones2GNSS takes this year’s GSA Special Prize
- Winner of ‘EU at 60 – Space for Europe’ Special Prize helps keep kids safe
Media note: This feature can be republished without charge provided the European GNSS Agency (GSA) is acknowledged as the source at the top or the bottom of the story. You must request permission before you use any of the photographs on the site. If you republish, we would be grateful if you could link back to the GSA website (http://www.gsa.europa.eu).