The European GNSS Agency (GSA) has published a 3rd call for proposals with a view to awarding grants to promote EGNOS operational implementation in aviation. The goal of this activity is wide-scale implementation of EGNOS-based operations throughout European airports and among European airspace users.
This call is targeting all aviation segments: Commercial, regional, business, general aviation and rotorcraft users interested in EGNOS operational implementation. The objective of the call is to foster the use of EGNOS for navigation and surveillance applications, increase network effect and maximise public benefits.
To achieve the objectives of the call, applicants are expected to conduct one or more of the following activities:
- The design and operational implementation of EGNOS based LPV/LPV 200 approach procedures, PinS, low level IFR routes at different European airports/heliports/routes;
- Design and implementation of other communication, navigation and surveillance applications benefitting from EGNOS for all phases of flight;
- The installation of EGNOS-enabled avionics and granting of airworthiness certification for RNP APCH procedures down to LPV minima, including PinS;
- Development of retrofit and forward-fit solutions including LPV capabilities;
- Development of enablers and other EGNOS based operations such as, but not limited to, simulators, validation tools, training materials, or drones.
3rd EGNOS Aviation Call – At a Glance
- Deadline for submitting applications: 21 May 2018 – at 18:00 CET
- Maximum budget allocated for EU financing under this call: EUR 10,000,000.00
- Indicative EU financing amount for each project: EUR 800,000.00
- Maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs: 60%
- Indicative number of projects: 12
GSA is organizing a series of information sessions about the call. The first one will be organised during the ATM World Congress at the FABEC OPS Theatre on 6/03 from 15:15 to 16:15. Interested users are very welcome to join. This session will be held in cooperation with INEA, who will present the open CEF Call 2017. More information is available at: https://www.worldatmcongress.org/fabec-ops-theatre.
There will be also webinars to explain the call in the coming months.
|Next webinar is on 15 March 2018 from 11am to 12pm CET. To register https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/578671159750583554|
If you are interested in this call for proposals and have a question you would like answered, you can send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more detailed information on the call, check here.
Media note: This feature can be republished without charge provided the European GNSS Agency (GSA) is acknowledged as the source at the top or the bottom of the story. You must request permission before you use any of the photographs on the site. If you republish, we would be grateful if you could link back to the GSA website (http://www.gsa.europa.eu).