GNSS in Asia - support on international Activities
Background & Objectives
The Asian market is very important for every product/service which aims to be successful on the world market. Galileo is no exception. The five Asian economies are of strategic interest for the EU GNSS for the following reasons:
- They comprise a unique region to be served by several GNSS
- They are a manufacturing centre for GNSS downstream equipment
- They are home to chipsets serving mass markets in GNSS
- They represent markets with high GNSS affinity and enormous growth rates.
Work performed & results
The results will include:
- Concrete recommendations for a sustainable EU-Asia GNSS industrial cooperation strategy in the downstream sector.
- Engagement of local stakeholders and awareness raising on Galileo and EGNOS in particular through workshops and seminars.
- Concrete cases of industrial cooperation between European and Asian GNSS companies.
- Valorisation of Galileo by ensuring the manufacturing of Galileo-enabled receivers and chipsets
- Local insights (reports) on market development opportunities in Asia for the EU GNSS.
- Further pilot activities promoting industrial cooperation.