Galileo dual frequency, 5G, IoT devices and services for Drones, Assets Management and Elite sport
Background & Objectives
"The GEONAV IoT project aims at the development and delivery of precise ubiquitous positioning and navigation applications and services.
The core activity of the project is to develop and industrialize the 2nd evolution phase of the GEONAV IoT solution, following NAVISP Element 2 outcomes (TRL7).
GEONAV IoT is market driven with clear commercialization ambition. It aims to:
- Use Galileo features that improve performances: Dual Frequency for an improved real-time positioning and TTFF;
- Improve fusion with other positioning techniques thanks to innovative network fusion techniques with 5G;
- Optimise power consumption thanks to TTFF improvements and GEONAV IoT algorithms;
- Expand the range of market application with demonstration on 3 use cases: Elite sports (Rugby), Asset tracking and monitoring; Autonomous Drones based delivery system;
- Set-up a European Industrialisation chain.
The GEONAV IoT consortium is made of industrials and SMEs mastering the full industrial value chain. Our aim is to demonstrate the European production capacity of innovative EGNSS application based devices and services and accelerate their market take up.
The project duration is 18 months, our ambition is to improve TRL up to 8-9. The addressable LBS and Drones markets are huge and Elite Sport will help for promotion on GEOANV IoT.
Market take up per use cases is part of GEONAV IoT business plan. Expected revenues are promising: eg, in 2024 24m€ and 50 new jobs created.
Ambition is to bring European industry as leader in LBS and drones Markets."