ELAASTIC’s objectives are to develop an EU-based, worldwide service to provide and/or enable location for LBS and M2M applications, combining mature Assisted-GNSS and WiFi based location techniques together with new features providing enhanced performance based on the use of E-GNSS signal specific features.
The detailed objectives of the projects are:
- To create a European based worldwide LaaS (Location as a Service) business competitor, involving major European companies and worldwide actors in the LBS field.
- To operate this service from a European base.
- To develop the service based on Galileo signal distinguishing features and usable already with Galileo Early Services, to promote E-GNSS.
- To provide the community of the GNSS chipsets providers, with a set of APIs allowing them to take advantage of Galileo signal distinguishing features
- To provide the community of the E-GNSS applications developers with free access to ELAASTIC services for the timeframe of this Horizon 2020 Galileo 2014 call, therefore amplifying the use of Galileo Early Services
- To promote the results of the ELAASTIC at standardization bodies, to ensure that the norms and standards support the use of Galileo signal distinguishing feature
Rx Networks Inc.
Thales Alenia Space France