European Location As A Service Targeting International Commerce
Background & Objectives
ELAASTIC’s objectives are to develop a EU-based, worldwide service to provide and/or enable location for Location-based Services (LBS) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications, combining mature Assisted GNSS and Wi-Fi based location techniques together with new features providing enhanced performance based on the use of E-GNSS signal specific features.
The detailed objectives of the projects are:
- To create a European based worldwide LaaS (Location as a Service) business competitor, involving major European companies and worldwide actors in the LBS field.
- To operate this service from a European base.
- To develop the service based on Galileo signal distinguishing features and usable already with Galileo Early Services, to promote E-GNSS.
- To provide the community of the GNSS chipsets providers, with a set of APIs allowing them to take advantage of Galileo signal distinguishing features
- To provide the community of the E-GNSS applications developers with free access to ELAASTIC services for the timeframe of this Horizon 2020 Galileo 2014 call, therefore amplifying the use of Galileo Early Services
- To promote the results of the ELAASTIC at standardization bodies, to ensure that the norms and standards support the use of Galileo signal distinguishing feature