The project’s overall objective is to develop a Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) embedded with an enhanced EGNSS receiver, and respectively enhance a MEOLUT, enabling localization with only 1-2 satellites in view and improving the standard 'slow moving beacon' localization accuracy by a factor of x10, paving the way to an effective mass market terrestrial Search and Rescue service based on SAR/Galileo.
In particular, SINSIN project will target to:
1. Implement a method for localization of beacons using 2 satellites (single burst) or 1 satellite (multi-burst).
2. Implement a method to improve the standard localization accuracy of a 'slow moving beacon' by x10.
3. Develop a Personal Locator Beacon and enhance a MEOLUT providing improved localization as indicated above, the beacon implementing the Galileo RLS protocol and featuring substantially isotropic antennas for the uplink (SAR) and downlink (GNSS + RLS), practically enabling connectivity with any SAR/GNSS satellite above the horizon.
4. Disseminate the SINSIN products/ technology in at least one of the following scopes:
• Independent SAR systems, each comprising beyond the standard MEOLUT and beacons
• A European standard for SAR systems/service.
• A Cospas-Sarsat standard applicable to all beacons and MEOLUTs worldwide.
MOBIT TELECOM LTD
STMICROELECTRONICS SRL STMICROELECTRONICS SRL
Thales Alenia Space France