Capacity building for aviation stakeholders, inside and outside the EU
Background & Objectives
CABILAVI project has the following goals:
- support emerging EGNOS countries inside and outside the EU in a customised strengthening of their capacity shortfalls for preparation of EGNOS adoption
- increase the awareness of EGNSS in the aviation user community within the EU
1. Update the requirements and guidelines for pilot training to include flying RNP operations
- the use of LPV procedures
- enroute RNP
The focus is on the correct use of RNP for updated IFR pilot training, as well as national road maps to provide upgrade training to the existing IFR pilot community, proposing to change current curricula of IFR training.
2. Promotion and awareness raising of EGNOS, for VFR pilots and general aviation community:
The correct use of European Satellite Navigation is extremely important. VFR pilots can use GNSS as advisory mean of navigation during some critical parts of the flight.
3. Capacity Building Workshops For ANSPs and CAAs
- EGNOS and PBN implementation, Barcelona, May 2015
- Procedure design, Podgorica, September 2015
- Safety and Business Case, Sarajevo, March 2016
- Final Outputs, Prague, September 2016